If you need payroll services, you should be comparing not just brands and prices but also the payroll features which will help you succeed in business. Some of the payroll system features you want to look out for include:
- Tax management features: Taxes are a big part of your obligations as a business, and paying the right taxes as well as withholding the right amounts for employees is crucial. Some payroll software titles and payroll services make this process a little easier by handling things like tax credits, withholdings, tax returns, tax forms for employees and more.
- Time tracking: Integrating work time tracking with payroll makes it easier to pay employees what they should be paid and helps eliminate some of the errors that can occur with manual or employee-reported time tracking.
- Direct deposit: Direct deposit is more than just a convenience for your payroll. It can also ensure employees can stay on task instead of worrying about getting to the bank on time to deposit a check. Paperless deposit is also more efficient and less costly since banks do not charge for direct deposit and since you don’t have to worry about the costs of ordering or printing checks or the costs of replacing lost checks.
- Mobile and syncing features: One of the best modern features of payroll systems is that they allow you to access important information from anywhere, securely, using a mobile device. This is not only convenient but can also help prevent errors and delays by ensuring you do not always have to head back to the office to use a payroll system. With everything on secure servers in the cloud, payroll information and management is safe no matter where you are and no matter what is happening at your business’s physical location.
- Reminders and alerts: A payroll system or program which automatically reminds you to update the system, check payroll data, prepare paperwork or perform other tasks ensures nothing slips through the cracks, which can help you stay compliant.
- Employee access: Some payroll software and services allow workers to access their own W-2s, pay stubs, payroll information and other information. Some systems even allow employees to access FAQs and other data. This can reduce pressure on the HR department or payroll department — especially if you run a smaller business where resources are limited. By giving employees the chance to access their own payroll information, you can also make them feel more empowered and reduce the amount of time your business spends answering questions that can be handled online.
- Payroll cards: These function like debit cards which are pre-loaded with funds. They are a good alternative if you do not want to try direct deposit for any reason. They are also handy for employees who do not have checking or deposit accounts since such cards can save these workers check cashing fees.
Get Everything You Need In A Payroll
If you need payroll for a small business, contact BCM Payroll Services Inc. Offering customized payroll in South Central, Pennsylvania and Western Maryland, BCM Payroll Services Inc. ensures you get the robust features you need without having to pay for the payroll features you don’t want.